16 May 2008

more goodbyes...

Hey!

So today was a very stressful day; stressful because I had SO much to do and so little time. Not only was today my last day at work, but it was also the last day that I agreed to see my friends and say bye to them (the only exceptions being Patrick, Jess & Kasey who had valid reasons for not seeing me before I leave for Costa Rica). So before and after work I spent most of my time running around Atlanta to see everyone. After waking up at 6:30AM to drive down from Alpharetta, I had breakfast in the morning with Sarah (for a final "french toast special" at Junior's which I am going to miss A LOT! so delicious...), then after work me and my co-workers went and had dinner and drinks at Front Page News to celebrate my last day. Pete, who was leaving for Fiji with the PC in a few days even made an appearance :) Then I hung around some more at Front Page News since Katie was having her birthday dinner there. After saying bye to her and Patrick it was off to Marianna's apt where I got to see Marianna and Carl before I leave. Finally I made an appearance at Delta Sig to say bye to Benji and Michael. I didn't get back to my apartment to start packing until a little after midnight! Phew what a day...This week has been exhausting meeting up with people to say bye to them while also juggling the chaos of work. oh well, at least I got to see most everyone I wanted to (for everyone I don't get to see before I leave...I'm sorry!).

Since today was my last official day at Childspring (I say official since I'll have to come back into the office next week to do my exit interview, wrap up a few loose ends and return a book to my supervisor) I guess I should give the organization and my awesome co-workers a shout-out here *cough* grad school recommendations *cough*. I just have to say that it was a pleasure to work with everyone at Childspring. I learnt a lot, personally and professionally, and I know that wherever my life takes me, I am going to utilize my experiences at Childspring everywhere. Childspring is truly an incredible organization and it was such a blessing to be surrounded by people who care about the world and its people as much as I do. It wasn't easy work, filled with obstacles, dead ends and many other challenges. But in the end, rewards were great and it fills me with great pride to know that I made a difference in the lives of my children. I am sad that I never had the opportunity to meet any of my children whom I worked so hard to bring to the US but regardless I am happy that I helped a few children get the medical treatment they needed. If anyone, particularly anyone who speaks Spanish, is looking for a job, you should definitely check them out.

hmm, well for the sake of getting some sleep before my flight to Costa Rica tomorrow, I should probably get back to packing and then hit the sack...

bonne nuit,
-Nikhil

No comments: