27 March 2009

these are a few of my favorite things (in togo)...

- riding my bike in the african bush
- watching goats scratch their bums against a wall
- hearing hindi music over the Togolese radio
- wearing pagne-anything
- cooling off with a vanilla fanmilk on a hot day
- hanging out with my fellow volunteers
- playing with babies during baby weighings
- receiving mail from friends and family
- having a complete conversation in kabiyé
- drinking a cold beer and reading a good book at the buvette across the street
- eating fufu with peanut sauce and pork
- playing with my dog swarley
- biting into the first mangoes of the season
- dancing in the rain
- falling asleep to the sound of my electric fan
- being a public health badass

2 comments:

Jill said...

If you drink fanmilk, I'm guessing you've had fanice too? I was obsessed with fanice when I was in Ghana :) I also loved fufu! Sounds like you're having an incredible experience!

Sahiti said...

aww you have a dog!! cute!