19 August 2008

mail & packages

Hey!

Two posts in one day! Ridiculous you say? I agree. Well this is a very specific post regarding mail and care packages so forgive me. I already thanked Katie Roan, Jamie Rabb, Megan Kelly & Christina Morton for their amazing-ness at writing to me in Africa. If you want to be amazing, you should write to me as well! E-mails are great; postcards are better; but letters are the best! And if you send a care package…well in 2 years from now, you will receive a very special present :) what may that be you ask? Well you’ll just have to send me something to find out lol! Just kidding, I really don’t need care packages, letters really are all I want. BUT if you honestly feel that you positively NEED to send me a care package, here are some ideas for what to send me…

- Pictures (of you and me, of you and other people, etc.)
- Music (the latest music, popular and underground; you know what kind of music I like); burn onto a CD so I can upload to my iTunes and iPod
- Peppermints
- Books
- Magazines (Time, Newsweek, People, GQ, Maxim, etc.)
- Newspaper articles; Technique articles
- AAA Batteries
- DVDs (a little pricey but if you want to send me DVDs of good new movies that I might not have seen; basically anything after April 2008 I probably didn't have time to see)
- Recordings of all Georgia Tech Football/Basketball games, particularly GT vs. UGA and GT vs. any ACC team
- Calendars with pretty pictures
- Interesting public health related research papers (I know it's lame but if you find anything that might be of interest to me based on my work here, it would be super helpful)
- Seasoning packets like chili mix, taco seasoning, etc.
- Soup mix, pasta mix, Mac & cheese, etc.
- Tea Packets
- Bandanas (REI has them for $1-$3 I think?)
- CHEESE! (packaged, in a can, string, etc. Anything would be amazing since real cheese is hard to come by!)
- Nuts from Trader Joes
- Special K Protein Bars (anything w/ chocolate)
- Ziploc Bags (large)
- Arts & crafts supplies
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Sriracha (sp?) sauce (that’s red chili Asian sauce with a rooster on the front?)

As I said before, you REALLY DON’T need to send me a care package or if you do, you don’t need to send me anything expensive. But if you do send me something, let me know so I know to look for it. Packages go missing every now and then so make sure you follow the mailing rules I posted in my communications post. Thanks!

happy mailing,
-Nikhil

No comments: