26 January 2008

i dream of peace corps...

Hey!

This whole "patience" thing is definitely driving me crazy lol. Last night was definitely wierd because for the first time the peace corps somehow seeped into my subconscious and appeared in my dreams. I was sitting in a house waiting for my invite. The house was roofless and filled with bats, like TONS of them, and was in the middle of some jungle because there were tropical plants all over the place. Someone familiar, though I can't quite pinpoint who, handed my my invite to Swaziland (one of the countries I'm kinda hoping to end up in actually). But then there were wierd flashes of Gambia. I'm thinking this house I was in was located in Gambia actually. I dunno. Freudian analysis anyone?

It has now been nearly a month since I've been medically cleared and still no word concerning my invite. I even heard that I may not hear anything until the end of febuary! ARGH! I know I'm supposed to be patient, and normally I really am a patient person. And people even tell me this is the "easiest" part. But for me, none of this feels "real" and its not going to feel "real" until I get my invite; until I have my invite in hand, inside me there is still some irrational doubt that I'm not going to get in and the past 8 months have been in vain. So here is to hoping I get my invite soon so I can start the next phase of my PC journey: shopping/packing!

No comments: