26 May 2007

testing, testing, one, two, three...

Hey everyone!

Welcome to my Peace Corps blog. I got the idea to start this blog after reading http://www.peacecorpsjournals.com/. I found this site after browsing xanga peace corps journals and the site has been invaluable for its insight into my hopeful future position. For those of you who are considering joining the program, hopefully my blog and the blogs on that website will be an important reference for you as you decide whether or not the Peace Corps is right for you. Anyways, hope you keep up with me; however, this is more for me than you so I apologize for my ranting, raving and ramblings. Hopefully you know me well enough that you can forgive me for the way I write :)

Where am I in the Peace Corps process? I actually submitted my application and health status review about three weeks ago along with my transcripts. I’m still waiting for one more recommendation to be submitted. I also went to the Atlanta office two days ago to take care of my fingerprinting and background check. My interview is scheduled for 10:30am on June 14th after I get back from my cruise in Alaska. From what I’ve heard, this first part is the “easy” part J So I’m enjoying it while I can lol.

Oh and I know it seems a little presumptuous to start a blog about joining the Peace Corps when I haven’t even had my preliminary interview and have no idea to what country I will end up in, but let’s just say, I think I’m a great candidate. Also, for Sarah’s sake, this first part of the blog, before I get to my country of service, can serve as a chronicle to the start of my ridiculous adventures ahead and what you can look forward to as you too start the PC paperwork.

Ciao for now,
-Nikhil

No comments: